- Click here to view and download the Bennett Valley Guild Rental Schedule and the Rental Agreement that you will need to complete and return.
- Click here to view and download the Bennett Valley Guild Hall Users Guide
- Click here to view the Bennett Valley Guild Calendar so you can see if the date you're interested in is available. Events in Blue mean the Guild Hall is occupied and not available. The hall is available on days that are blank and days with Events in Green, as those are other activities not at the hall.
Rates are (Community Nonprofits, please email us for pricing):
- $1,350/day for the full facility: 6AM to Midnight
- $1,600/2 ½ Day Period for the full facility: Day 1: 6AM to Midnight, Day 2: 6AM to Midnight, and Day 3: 6AM to 6PM.
Day 1 is for decorating, Day 2 is for your event, and Day 3 is for cleanup.
This is for a single event on one day only.
- If you wish to have multiple events or multiple day events, please contact the rental committee.
- Cleaning and security deposit: $500 (Refundable after the rental if all terms and conditions are met)
- You can pay online with a debit or credit card, but we pass along the card fees. To pay your rent or make your deposit online, please go to our "Donate/Pay" page and scroll down to the "Hall Rentals" Section.
Important - Use of the Hall between midnight and 6 AM is prohibited and no music is to be heard outside after 10 PM. You must be cleaned up, out of the hall, and have Armed the Alarm system by midnight or the end of your rental, whichever is earlier to avoid a charge to your deposit.
The Cleaning/Security Deposit and completed Rental and Hold Harmless Agreement are required to reserve your date(s) on the Guild Calendar http://bvguild.org/index.php/calendar
The remaining Rental payment and Proof of Insurance documentation are due no later than 60 days prior to the start of the rental.
As a renter, you are responsible to provide us with Proof of Insurance that meets our requirements. We recommend getting a dedicated event policy from either Wedsure or The Event Helper. We DO NOT recommend an extension to your homeowner's policy for you event as it's difficult to provide the specific coverage we require and if you had a claim it could impact your homeowner's policy rates or even lead to its non renewal or cancellation.
Wedsure will even prefill your application with the information we need. Just click on the "Quote Online Now" button on the left to apply. If you'd like a second quote, another good source for event insurance is "The Event Helper" at https://www.theeventhelper.com/
The proof of insurance should also specify “Host Liquor Liability” coverage if any beer, wine, or other alcoholic beverages will be served.
Even if you are not planning to serve Alcohol, we recommend getting this coverage as it is inexpensive, you might change your mind, or one of your guests might bring alcohol to your event.
For additional assistance, you may call R.V. Nuccio & Associates Insurance Brokers, 10148 Riverside Drive, 2nd Floor. Toluca Lake, CA 91602 Phone: (800) 364-2433. Mention the Bennett Valley Guild and describe your event. They are familiar with what's needed.
Proof of Insurance Checklist:
The Insurance you obtain for your event must meet at least all the following minimums. If you use the "Quote Online Now" button, these minimums are pre filled in your policy application:
- Commercial General Liability:
- Each occurrence: $1,000,000
- Damage to Rented Premises: $1,000,000
- Personal & Adv Injury: $1,000,000
- General Aggregate: $2,000,000
- Products - Comp/Op Agg: $1,000,000
- Host Liquor Liability
- The Bennett Valley Guild, must be listed as Additional Insured.
The Hall's property address: 4145 Grange Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95404;
The Guild's mailing address: c/o Bill Finkelstein, Treasurer, 6584 Birch Dr. Santa Rosa, CA 95404
The required policy for a weddings, birthday parties, and similar family parties can run as little as $125.00. If your event is deemed by the insurance company to be higher risk (from past experience some examples include non family events such as: Halloween Parties, 4th of July parties, etc.) your rates may be much higher. The Guild does not provide insurance and is not responsible for the insurance companies pricing for your event.
Notes (see also the Bennett Valley Guild Users Guide):
- Rental includes use of 25 tables and 150 chairs. Our chairs have a load limit of 250 lbs. If you have heavier guests, you need to make other arrangements for them.
- Hall capacity is 150 unless an exception is approved in advance by the Rental Committee.
- Main room dimensions are:
- Main Hall - 46' 9" long (with fixed benches 32" deep on both sides) x 29' 2" wide (max capacity for dining 150 but that's pretty packed)
- Main Hall Stage - 12' 9" wide x 9' 9" deep
- Dining Room - 34' long x 24' 78" wide (max capacity for dining 50)
- Parking is available onsite for approximately 70 cars (depending on their size). If you are using the upper lot for your outdoor event, the parking is reduced to about 50 cars. In the rainy season, if it's been raining the lower lot parking outer dirt areas will be unusable. The center graveled area remains usable even after heavy rains - including the lower lot, this yields parking for about 40 cars without using the dirt areas.
- Events over 100 attendees where food and/or drinks are consumed are required to rent 1 or more portable restrooms. We may require you to rent a portable restroom with fewer attendees, especially in the rainy season if there have been recent heavy rains (October to April).
Their VIP Solar Restroom has running water and flush toilets. Other options are also available.
- Renters must complete their cleanup and haul away the trash from their event before the end of their rental. One day renters must complete their cleanup and be out of the building by midnight.
- Events must end by midnight and music that can be heard outdoors must end by 10:00 PM.
- A penalty will assessed against the Cleaning/Security deposit if the building is not locked and the alarm armed on or before midnight.
- If it is necessary to cancel your event, any prepaid rent will be refunded. Part of the Cleaning/Security Deposit will be retained by the Guild based on the following schedule:
- 90+ days or more prior to the scheduled start date: $200,
- 89 to 75 days prior: $300,
- 74 to 61 days prior: $400, and
- 60 or less days prior: $500 (no refund)
- Optional Charges, Please arange with Cyndie beforehand if you would like to arrange to include them:
- Cleaning: $20/hour
- Trash Removal and transport to the dump: $150
- Hall table and chair setup OR takedown for events with 100 or fewer guests: $100, for events with over 100 guests: $150
Please send (Checks should be made payable to the: Bennett Valley Guild)
- Rental fee
- Cleaning and security deposit
- Certificate of Insurance, and
- Signed Rental Agreement
Bennett Valley Guild Treasurer
6584 Birch Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95404